Sunday, May 15, 2005

Well Begun Is Half the Fun!

I have been noodling about with a garden since we moved into this house 7 or 8 years ago. Some years I've had very nice yields. Others I've barely gotten anything. But I've learned all the way along. One of the things I've learned is that I might as well take the time and effort to set it up well instead of just plunking things in the ground and salivating until I can pick.

This year I really, finally, took the time to do it right. ... I hope. I have tried to give things enough space and I have tried to give them the proper exposure. I have also begun with a layer of landscaping cloth between the plantings and covered that with a thick mulch of straw. It's been more than a week since I did that and I haven't had to water my tomatoes in that time.

Here, Templeton is demonstrating how comfy it really is!

Anyway, it's all looking so attractive and promising that I took quite a few pictures yesterday. I'll post more of them here so I can at long last have a garden journal I can continue to learn from and draw on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Hi Rainey - Amazing how many of us have been inspired by C&Z. I'm looking forward to reading more. It's nice to have another blogger closer to my age - they all seem so young and so clever in blogland.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Rainey said...

I think the fabulous thing about the internet is how it minimizes other differences and brings us all together in the world of ideas.

Yes! Another round of cheers for clotilde showing us all a world of possibilities. I have just discovered how the little buttons on C&Z put all our blogs in touch with a mere mousestroke! So let's all grow and flourish together! ;>

Welcome to my garden!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home